Mental Health First Aid Training
12-hour Standard Mental Health First Aid Course
Do you wish you were more knowledgeable and confident to support loved-ones, clients, co-workers and friends with mental health challenges? Mental Health First Aid is the initial help provided to a person who is developing a mental health problem, experiencing a worsening of a mental health problem, or in a mental health crisis. The first aid is given until the appropriate professional help is received or the crisis resolves.
Rosie Overfield from Mindpod is an experienced counsellor, educator and MHFA Instructor. She will guide you through the 12 hour Standard program, covering depression, anxiety, psychosis and substance misuse. The course also covers crisis first aid for suicidal thoughts and behaviours, panic attacks, severe psychotic episodes and severe effects of substance misuse. This 2-day course will include your own MHFA Kit (180-page colour manual and local mental health resources).
4-hour Mental Health First Aid Course for the Suicidal Person
This course has been specifically designed to provide mental health first aid to someone is experiencing suicidal thoughts or behaviours. The curriculum content is based on expert consensus guidelines developed with the Delphi method using both professional and consumer experts from English speaking developed countries. Learning outcomes of the course include:
- Understanding accurate information about suicide rates and risk factors in the Australian context.
- Reviewing the first aid guidelines of how to intervene when someone is experiencing suicidal thoughts and behaviours
- Practicing these skills in a safe environment.
Workplace Mental Health First Aid Officer Training
A workplace Mental Health First Aid Officer is an accredited Mental Health First Aider (12-hour standard program) who provides mental health first aid to colleagues and works to decrease the risk of work-related stress and other psychosocial hazards.
- Guidelines for workplace prevention of mental health problems
- Guidance for implementing MHFA in your workplace
- Mental Health First Aid Officer Workplace policy template